Senior Chef - No Late Nights! (G2278)
Do you love being a chef and work at a senior level?
Do you want sociable daytime hours?
We are a 7 day per week business so our flexible working rotas normally include a weekend day.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Chef to work in our fast-paced kitchen.
Our Cafes bring the benefit of avoiding those unsociable hours, without regular late-night work and shifts finish at latest 430pm.
Main duties will be to prepare and serve our homemade quality breakfast and lunch menus in our 124 seater café including soups, snacks and our help make delicious homemade bakery products.
- Permanent position
- 35 – 40 hours per week
- £13.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Be available to work 35-40 hours per week
- Be available a weekend day
- Have similar senior chef experience.
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude within our team
- Have good knowledge of environmental health procedures, HACCP and written records
- Hold an up to date food hygiene certificate
- Hold a relevant catering or cooking qualification or certificate
Some of the Perks we offer:
- Hourly rate pay – paid for every hour you work.
- We offer amazing staff discounts of up to 30% across the Garden Centre.
- You can avail yourself of the free onsite parking at each centre.
- Better work/life balance with sociable working hours.
- You can enjoy a complimentary lunch during each shift along with free tea and coffee.
- We never forget a birthday when you will receive a birthday scratch card.
- We like to provide many small perks throughout the year, from staff room treats, free ice lollies during the summer months, raffles, Christmas gifts and more.
- The uniform is provided.
Closing dates for all applications is Friday 1 March 2024 at 12pm
We are an award-winning Group, winning countless awards for its centres and cafes over the years. Beginning our journey in the 1980s, the family-run business has grown from a small nursery business operating out the greenhouses at the family home to operating four centre gardens and cafés across Northern Ireland with an annual turnover of over £12m with over 220 employees.
The Group prides itself on the positive, pleasurable and enjoyable environment each centre provides both its customers and employees. This is reflected in the repeat custom through almost 40 years and many long-standing employees who have been an integral part of its success and growth.