Assistant Café Manager (G2279)
Are you a bubbly and enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service and people skills?
Would you love a job in a popular fast paced café with sociable hours?
We would like to hear from you.
Our Cafes bring the benefit of avoiding those late night hours with no late-night work!
Main duties include helping to oversee the smooth running of the cafe including staff, ensuring a high standard of customer service is maintained and serving customers with our delicious homemade food.
- Permanent position
- 30 – 35 hours per week
- £12.50 per hour
- Be available to work 30 - 35 hours per week including weekend work
- Have supervisory experience in a hospitality environment of approximately 1 year
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude within our team
- Have an upbeat personality and excellent customer service skills
- Have great communication skills both verbal and written
- Hold an up to date food hygiene certificate
- Have previous barista experience
- Have previous experience of managing a café or other similar establishment
Some of the Perks we offer:
- Hourly rate pay – paid for every hour you work.
- We offer amazing staff discounts of up to 30% across the Garden Centre.
- You can avail of the free onsite parking at each centre.
- Better work/life balance with sociable working hours.
- You can enjoy a complimentary lunch during each shift along with free tea and coffee.
- We never forget a birthday when you will receive a birthday scratch card.
- We like to provide many small perks throughout the year, from staff room treats, free ice lollies during the summer months, raffles, Christmas gifts and more.
- The uniform is provided.
Closing dates for all applications is Friday 1 March 2024 at 12pm
We are an award-winning Group, winning countless awards for its centres and cafes over the years. Beginning our journey in the 1980s, the family-run business has grown from a small nursery business operating out the greenhouses at the family home to operating four centre gardens and cafés across Northern Ireland with an annual turnover of over £12m with over 220 employees.
The Group prides itself on the positive, pleasurable and enjoyable environment each centre provides both its customers and employees. This is reflected in the repeat custom through almost 40 years and many long-standing employees who have been an integral part of its success and growth.